Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Video Update of Tilly's Rose Garden - Spring!

Yes, I finally have a video to show for the walls of text I have written over the past month or so.
But before that let me talk a little bit more about some updates!


1. Game Tiles:


Tiles in GameMaker 8.1
For those who don't know, tiles in game maker are like little beautifying objects you put in backgrounds, they don't bog the game down as much and make it look nice. So far I've made thirty 16x16 tiles for paths and stuff, I might make more, might not. This is more of a beautifying move than a needed move, but I might put them to some relevant use as well. I've also made a few tiles for the pond to have a tile background, as well as a shadow.

In the game, you might see some "Easter-Eggs" in a few of the tiles.

Here's and example of me using the tiles together:





Making tiles was a pain too, I made in one file in GIMP and transferred to a larger canvas size in GIMP to make a graph so I could make a solid image for game maker to cut in to tiles.


Making Tiles in GIMP

2. Rakes and Keys:


Yes this mess is finally fixed!!! - At least until I have to make the persistence thing to work.
This took me hours over a period of litterally days if not weeks to fix. BUT FINALLY!!! I got it.
Thank you God. I had to end up rewriting the entire code and remaking the settings in all the objects involved. But I must say, this is a much easier to understand code than the old one. I used that online whiteboard to help me out. I put all my variables and codes in there so I could move them around easier...though I forgot some of the time.



VIDEO:


This video is quick peeks, you won't see anything play-through-esque just quick peeks....Gotta save some interest for the release don't I? - Enjoy!






Thank you for reading, I hope you stay and enjoy the rest of the ride!





~ God Bless ~

~ Firefly




No comments: