Monday, July 6, 2015

Tilly's Rose Garden - Changes and Developmental Possibilies

As some may know, Tilly's Rose Garden has been my primary project. In fact it's the first project I've ever started! It's been ongoing for almost 2 years now, the longest amount of time I've ever put in to a project. Of course there has been gaps in time do to life such as it is, and other smaller projects. Anyways, the reason for this post isn't to bore you to tears so I'm going to get to the point.

Tilly's Rose Garden, as I have stated in the past has been very repeative, this is going to change!
Though the gameplay in general will be the same there will be some major changes. If the feed-back is good some I'll keep them, if some of them aren't good they might go back the old way or in  a new direction.


Main Changes:

I will label each change with a status.

1. No longer resetting points when you die. - ( Feature In Development)


In the past if you hit an enemy that restarts the level all the points come-back. That was okay, but it's not really "cheat"proof". Now when you die you will not be able to pick-up all the points again. Bonuses, enemies, and point-drainers will be excluded from this. They will be able to stay even after the room restarts. 


2. Diagonal and Animated Sprites - (A Possibility)


Current Sprite
In the next version of Tilly's Rose Garden (Seasons: Spring) there might be animated sprites for Tilly and there might be new additional sprites for moving diagonally. - I'm probably going to do this but I'm not totally sure yet.


3. Lives/Game-Over System - (Possible Development)


I'm seriously considering making this a reality. In the past you can go on forever until you finish the game. That's "fine" but I think it would be a more fun game if you were actually competing against something instead of having no real challenge. I don't know how many lives, what they'd take the form of or anything else. I do know that it would be the same basic thing as in Blox. The lives being gone and then you get a game-over menu.

4. Technical changes - (More coding, cleaner development style)


This will be the stuff that nobody "sees" but will make a world of difference. I'm right now learning how to code things and that will make the game work smoother. This though, will slow me down because I'm learning brand new things with this. I'm getting it though, slowly but I'm getting it!


_______

This should give you an idea of where this is heading, at least for now!
I hope to do weekly or bi-weekly posts for updates, like I had with Blox but we'll see what happens!



~ God Bless ~


~ Firefly



No comments: