Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Tilly's Rose Garden - Updates!

Tilly's Rose Garden has had a little work done on it, though I'm still in procrastination mode for some things and I have a lot of bugs! - Tilly's Rose Garden has some new "friends", animated enemies! I'll post the gifs of these friends so you can see what they look like up close and personal, but in the game you loose a lot of detail since they're like 1/6th the size.



1. Enemy Caterpillar:


Yes, this is for real! My mother helped me a lot with this actually, she drew me a "walk cycle" on how they look (she's in to bugs and plants and stuff) and that helped me in animating this little dude. Though he's a caterpillar I'll call him what my mentor does "Wormy". So meet Wormy!

I picked red because that would mean bad /enemy or whatever you wanna call it. I added green and brown spikes so it could be one of those freaky caterpillars.


2. Enemy Mole:


So this is my cartoon mole (I looked up those things to see what they look like...yeah, very funny God), he's going to be kinda like the scarecrow that stays in one place only  but he'll pop out of his hole. I gave him a red tuft of hair since, well, he's kinda boring without it and I wanted something that represented "he's bad". Red seems to be the anti-hero in this game. lol





3: Beautifying Pond:


I made a little animated pond with fisheys! They're kinda hard to see but if you look close you'll see little fish swimming about in there.


4. More Butterflies! - 5.Keys and Blocks


I made some more butterflies so there would be a more colorful addition since they'll be flying at random. I also made 2 more keys and blocks, this time I used gardening hoes (yes that it a tool to those who have never gardened lol). These are kinda buggy at the moment and I have no clue why...




6. Other stuffs:


I've been working on little things but they keep not wanting to work, I'm focused on the more technical side so I can make things faster, easier and more fun for people who might wanna play one of my games. I have crossed some things off of my list I posted a week or so ago but in doing that I have also added stuff. So it's a never ending cycle until everything is done!

Hmmm what else...?..Well, I will be making the background 1 simple image and use tiles to make things look better, this will work out good becauseI'm told tiles don't use up as much memory so it'll look good but not slow down....Not sure what else to say except if nothing else this game is going to be prettier than before!

Once I get the bugs fixed for my current stuff I'll post a video of it.


And speaking of bugs...ever wondered what a programming fail looked like?

Ahhh attack of the bees! D:


_____

I hope you enjoy the update!


~ God Bless ~


~ Firefly

No comments: