Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Polishing Stage - Initiated!

So...I have all the framework in place and lots of bugs are being fixed now I'm up to the polishing stage where graphics are fixed up and things are tested, as well as the final touches. As of now it's "almost" done but anything can happen. I have a long to do list, and things come up that aren't even on the list.  I highlight what I got done. It helps keep me sane.




Okay some updates.


One, I have "moved" to GameMaker 8.1, I might go between 8.1 and 8.0 but I will be using 8.1 for sure in level building. The new room creator was made by the hands of angels guided by Jesus himself. For real I love it.


Secondly, lives and a game-over menu have been added. I am right now saying there are 5 lives then game-over but anything can happen and I might up it to seven. There will the option to replay the level or play the game over again....how many points I take away if you repeat level I haven't decided yet, I might make it a flat rate of you restart to get a flat number no matter how many points you received (500-1000 sounds fair to me but I don't know yet).


Also to add, I have updated some of the graphics and made the game much smoother, how? Simple, my Gamemaker mentor schooled me on how to use the parenting feature more efficiently. As well as helped me with other things. Some things I've done won't mean a thing to you because you never knew there was a problem, but lots of bugs/badly created stuff and other things have been resolved!




In a previous post I mentioned some effects I've added using one of the DnD options, now I think would be a nice time to see those. There are sounds that go with them but that's a surprise for when people download the game!




I'm yet to get music, my reasoning is that all the music I've liked by Jason Shaw has been under 3 minutes and I read somewhere that an average level can take 7 minutes, some people don't like looping music so I would like a song at least 3.5 minutes long. So far, I haven't found that. I really want to keep using his music and support him with credit but I might have to find another source for music that has creators commons license.


Last thing, I've made the basic menu and the base for the how to play page. Still have much to do!



I hope this makes you as excited as I am if not more!




~ God Bless ~



~ Firefly

No comments: