Friday, May 1, 2015

Latest Update On My Breakout Style Game (5/1/2015)

Here's an update on my breakout style game...

I got to make a points system, arrange the levels and make some more power-ups but all in good time!  I also have some bugs I have to fix somehow...Not sure how I'm going to do that...I'll figure it out.... And I have to work on more sounds for the game and I have to make menus for it...and maybe a high score thingy (for your own use not national)....I don't know I think there's more...ah yes this game needs a name, what the name will be I still have no clue!
The Point-Sprites

For what I have done I have done points as in graphics but not assigned value (I need a sensible system), I also have made some more blocks that don't break at all but you will bounce off of.

There will be at least 18 different points that break on immediate impact, and at least 2 blocks that take more than one impact to destroy. There are 6 blocks of each size and I have 3 sizes, I'm sticking with multiples of 16 pixels so I can construct the game more efficiently.




I've created a level (that took me forever to finish and I haven't added lives yet I have to account for that ) and I think graphically this is perfect. I have to make more backgrounds though but that simple style is good for this kind of game and I'm happy with it.



Here's the blocks that take multiple impacts to break in action!
The cracks are kinda hard to see in the video but each non-destroy impact causes a crack.






I hope this is a sufficient update for now!


~ God Bless ~


~ Firefly


No comments: