Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Breakout style game WIP - Update!

So it's been a few days and...I finally made a breakthrough!
Call it divine inspiration, I figured out how I wanted it to look then that got my creative juices going...It turned out I have gone with a more simple art style while still looking nice. I still have much work to do but now we have something that actually looks like a game now!

That behind said I have done other things besides some cosmetic triumphs. I learned how to make the ball stay on the "bar" until you want to let it bounce and go back after you "die"; as well as you can move the bar in any direction but it can't move beyond blocks that are in it's way. - I also have started adding sounds, and saving some songs that I took a liking to from Jason Shaw's music on audionautix.com for the music in the game. This will be one game that the menus will come last along with the splash screen. I need a logo and I don't have a name for this game yet so I can't do anything until then when it comes to an identity.. Much to do much to do!

I need to make an organized points system, enemies and power-ups...as well as so much more! But I am well on my way now that my main hurdle so far has been resolved.









I hope you're looking as foward to this project as I am! I'm having fun! :D


~ God Bless ~

~ Firefly

No comments: