Saturday, May 9, 2015

Breakout game update

Here's a few quick updates, on my breakout type game.

1. I've added some more sounds, though I haven't found the right kind of music yet that can wait anyway since loading things go faster when music hasn't been imported anyway.

2. It took me a little while but I figured out a sketchy way to spawn a random object after the ball hits a block. So far for that I have 3 blocks that spawn things with that method and one that spawns using [create_instance (x, y, obj_name)]. This graph will show you my objects I have so far.



3. I've changed the aspect ratio for the game, it was originally something around 959X675 or something now it's 1008 X 650...I still don't know it I'm going to keep that size or not since I want it to be in full screen and images get blurry in full screen. So we'll see.


4. I've learned what the draw>other>create effects setting does. And now I can make the bombs look like they are exploding when they hit the bar. I can also do other effects I'll show later.




I hope this gives you a little something as you wait.

Enjoy!


~ God Bless ~

~ Firefly

No comments: